Distinctive features of the St. Andrew's building
With the opening of the new All Saint's Church, Methuen acquired a beautiful building, rich in architectural features, and most substantial in construction. The church is set on a bottom half of local granite above which is the half timbering characteristic of Vaughan's work. The ends of the church are balanced by a broach spired tower and a gabled sacristy.
Among the interior appointments is a one-piece rood screen made by the Lang family of Oberammergau from wood of the Black Forest in Germany. The screen separates the Nave (congregation seating) from the Chancel (clergy and choir seating, organ) and the Sanctuary (location of the altar).
Above the baptismal font at the south end in the Narthex (rear standing area) is a great Gothic window of cathedral glass. The building is especially well supplied with light from its many handsome, diamond pane windows. The basement once contained a large Sunday school room and library. In 1905 the building was complete in every appointment; not even the smallest detail was omitted.
Find a guide to the names of the different parts of an Episcopal Church building here: https://classroom.synonym.com/what-are-the-areas-of-the-episcopal-church-12087389.html.
The parish's fine organ was built by the Methuen Organ Company in 1905. The factory of the Methuen Organ Company was located on the grounds of the Methuen Memorial Music Hall, where the parking lot presently exists. At least partially financed by Edward Searles, the company was run by James Treat. Meticulous craftsmanship using the finest materials is the hallmark of Methuen Organ Company's instruments. The organ in St. Andrew's has 2 manuals and 23 stops, with tracker-pneumatic action. Its case is unusually handsome, featuring carved quarter sawn white oak and case pipes of polished tin.