St. Andrew's is a family-oriented parish that has enjoyed being in Methuen for over 100 years. Our parish is made up of people of all ages - from infants to seniors. Many people have been here since the beginning of the merger between All Saints, Methuen and St. John's, Lawrence (to become St. Andrew's, see history) while others have recently become a part of our parish family. We are made up of people who love God and love the church.
Our Sunday service starts at 9:30 AM, and is a Rite Two Holy Eucharist. This is a family service with organ and choir.
Sunday School meets from 9 AM to 10 AM (not during school vacations).
After the service there is a coffee hour, where you can get to know us, and let us know about you.
We have free off street parking in lots to the side and rear of the church and all areas of our building are fully accessible.
We warmly invite you to join us!
The season of Advent is too often a busy and stressful time for Americans. We run ourselves ragged, spend more than we can afford, give up church time to go to the mall, and lose the real meaning of Christmas in the whole process. This year St. Andrew's is joining a nationwide movement called "Advent Conspiracy", in which we hope to slow down just a little and think about the real meaning of this penitential season as we wait for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Practicing "Advent Conspiracy" tenets means we:
- SPEND LESS by resisting the cultural pressure to celebrate Advent through over spending and over consumption
- Instead, we GIVE MORE! That is, we give relational, thoughtful, and meaningful gifts
- We then take the money we saved and LOVE ALL by giving to those in true need
- In all of this, we strive to WORSHIP FULLY by keeping our focus on Jesus and participating with Him in what He came to do, bringing hope to a desperate world
Join us for a reading/viewing and discussion program over the next 4 weeks. Each week, at home, you can either view a 40 minute video or read a couple of short chapters in a book we will provide for you. Then you can come to one of our Monday discussions about that viewing or reading you experienced. You can choose to come to either a daytime or an evening discussion group. These discussions will only last one hour, and we hope will make us all think more carefully about what this season means. You can come to one, two, three or all four sessions!
Discussions will be held at the Church:
- Monday, November 28, 1:30 - 2:30 OR 6:30 - 7:30 / Week 1 discussing Spend Less: https://vimeo.com/49874698
- Monday, December 5, 1:30 - 2:30 OR 6:30 - 7:30 / Week 2 discussing Give More: https://vimeo.com/49883091
- Monday, December 12, 1:30 - 2:30 OR 6:30 - 7:30 / Week 3 discussing Love All: https://vimeo.com/49883092
- Monday, December 19, - 1:30 - 2:30 OR 6:30 - 7:30 / Week 4 discussing Worship Fully: https://vimeo.com/50039054
To learn more about what the Advent Conspiracy is and why we would want to talk about it: https://youtu.be/iuvAmknqiqQ
A special video to help parents understand the Advent Conspiracy and share with their kids: https://youtu.be/gPy6k8hhzxI
For more about the Advent Conspiracy organization and history: www.adventconspiracy.com
|November 28||Advent Conspiracy @ 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM|
|December 5||Advent Conspiracy @ 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM|
|December 11||Lessons and Carols|
|December 12||Advent Conspiracy @ 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM|
|December 18||Christmas Pageant|
|December 19||Advent Conspiracy @ 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM|
|December 24||Christmas Eve service @ 5:15 PM, Carol Sing @ 5 PM|
|December 25||Christmas Day quiet service @ 9 AM|