About the Organ

The parish's fine organ was built by the Methuen Organ Company in 1905. The factory of the Methuen Organ Company was located on the grounds of the Methuen Memorial Music Hall, where the parking lot presently exists. At least partially financed by Edward Searles, the company was run by James Treat. Meticulous craftsmanship using the finest materials is the hallmark of Methuen Organ Company's instruments. The organ in St. Andrew's has 2 manuals and 23 stops, with tracker-pneumatic action. Its case is unusually handsome, featuring carved quarter sawn white oak and case pipes of polished tin.

Great Swell
8' Open Diapason 61 16' Bourdon Treble 49
8' Viola d'Gamba 61 16' Bourdon Bass 12
8' Dolcissimo 61 8' Open Diapason 61
8' Melodia 61 8' Salicional 61
8' Quintadena 61 8' Dolcissimo 61
4' Octave 61 8' Stopped Diapason 61
4' Flute d'Amour 61 4' Octave 61
22/3' Twelfth 61 4' Violina 61
2' Fifteenth 61 4' Flute Harmonique 61
  III Mixture 183
  8' Cornopean 61
  8' Oboe 61
   
Pedal Labeled pedals
16' Open Diapason 30 Tremolo (Swell)
16' Bourdon 30 Swell Piano
  Swell Forte
Couplers Reversible Gr. to Ped.
Swell to Great Swell Fortissimo
Great to Pedal Great Piano
Swell to Pedal Great Fortissimo

The manual key action is tracker, the stop and pedal actions are tubular-pneumatic, and the chests are ventil.

The building and organ were given to the parish (then named All Saints) by Edward F. Searles.

Some more information about the organ can be found here: http://database.organsociety.org/OrganDetails.php?OrganID=1889